Updated: Jul 13, 2022
“Your happiness in life is all about your choices. Keep making the same choices and you will stay on the same path. If you want a change in your life then you must make a change in your behaviors and path.”
—Feng Shui Expert Candace Czarny
Do you feel a bit stagnant in your life? Do you yearn for more balance and more positive energy?
The ancient Chinese practice of feng shui might be the answer! The goal of feng shui is to invite positive chi (or energy) into your home to encourage a more energized and balanced life. It’s a remarkable way to improve the vibe of your space and to feel more harmony in your everyday life!
THE CHINESE PRACTICE OF FENG SHUI
While feng shui (pronounced fung-SHWAY) itself is a massive study and complex art of subtle energy, the beauty of it is that “every little bit that you do helps.”
Feng shui is achieved in a home through the art of arranging buildings, objects and furnishings in a space in a harmonious and balanced way. The idea behind it is to "unblock" energy, to create a freer flow of energy or balance in a space—and in your life!
Are you ready to give it a try? Would you like to try “a little bit?”
It’s not as complicated as it may seem. Let’s examine a common room in a home and discover ways that can allow you to improve the flow of energy—and balance—in your own surroundings!
During the next few months, we will explore different ways to incorporate Feng Shui into our lives. But because we spend nearly 1/3 of our lives in our bedrooms, it’s the perfect place to start appreciating this ancient art.
ACHIEVING FENG SHUI IN A BEDROOM
We’ve compiled a list of Feng Shui tips to ensure your energy flows in the right direction and help you achieve a good night sleep:
1. The elements of Feng Shui include wind and water. Open windows and adjust blinds, as possible, to allow for the free flow of air in the room.
2. Position your bed centrally in the room, not directly facing a door.
3. Invest in a king mattress if possible and dress it in eco-friendly fabrics and materials.
4. Mirrors should not be placed within sightline of the bed.
5. Limit electronic devices and screens such as televisions, computers and bedside home assistants.
6. Place bedside tables on both sides of the bed to achieve visual balance and harmony.
7. Keep the color palette soothing and neutral.
8. For lighting, swap out high voltage bulbs and consider the use of candles as much as possible.
9. Never leaves drawers ajar. Try to keep your closets orderly and tidy.
10. A solid headboard grounds both the bed and the room. Consider the use of natural elements and materials.
11. If possible, remove bookshelves from your bedroom.
12. Consider a gentle water feature such as an indoor fountain to incorporate ‘water’ into your design.
The Art of Feng Shui is a process, not an event. Even a few simple changes can improve the energy in a space and allow a greater sense of serenity and peace for its occupants. Try a few of these ideas today and stay tuned for more great ways to incorporate this ancient art into your everyday life!
Can't wait another minute? Click here for more information!